Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sam and Moose




Since today Sam is in a small herd with Moose and my two older geldings and he
is great. I can walk into the field to him and catch him with no problems.
He also spend the night in a stall yesterday. We had soooo much rain and him and
Moose where in a small paddock. It was so muddy I felt it was better to have
them sleep and dry up inside. The other horses have a run in but they had not.
He did walked in the barn with no problems but he did not wanted to go in the
stall. Moose was right beside him but no and boy he can be stubborn hihi.
So I worked him and yield his hindquarters and things like that. He is a quick
learner. I had ha 13 year old girl with me for the first time she wants to take
care of Moose and help me little which is great.
After half an hour of trying she said, why don't you just put a bucket of feed
in the stall. I said I don't want him to do everything for food. But Sam was
getting aggravated and I had a major headache (still) so I did it anyway….and of
course he walked right in LOL. So smart girl smart Sam. 1-0 for them LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment