Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Update Woody, Cinderella and Sam


I am running a little behind with recent updates on our horses but here we are.

Woody,
Peter Schumann Woody his owner, has visited us and worked with Woody. I witnessed a beautiful blooming relationship. It was beautiful to see how these two individuals grown together in such a short time. Peter also made some beautiful pictures. Maybe he wants to tell something in his own words.

Cinderella had her first night in a stall. We had severe weather and lots of big hail so I wanted the girls in overnight since they don’t have a shelter in the field. It took me a while to catch her and I was soaking wet by the time I got her. But after that she was great. Of course a little ski dish in the beginning but just like Woody and Sam she is very sweet and trustful when she is convinced. After this experience she is much better and easier to handle. She is a sweetheart.

Sam, well he surprised me the most. He was the only one who’s feet looked not so good. His toes where very long so he really needed to be trimmed.
I practiced and wow was he a good boy. First I used my carrot stick and see what he would do. He kicked with his hind legs at first but very quickly he was fine. So after a couple of times I thought he was ready for the farrier. And boy he was, He just stood there like a full trained horse I could not be more proud of him. The farrier ( or really need to say barefoot trimmer since that is what he is specialized in) was impressed too.
I also took him true my obstacle course, and again he surprised me big time. He went true the “carwash” the pool noodles the ramp he did it all to bad I don't have pics of it. What a champ we have here..



1 comment: